Friday, September 3, 2010

Free Delightfully-Deadly-Download Friday

Alright ghosts and goblins, it's that time. Free Delightfully-Deadly-Download Friday is upon us. Dr. Crypt has been digging deep among the dirges to bring you a startlingly fresh act from the 80's New York Goth scene. Scarecrow were a 4-piece powerhouse of frozen lamentations and raw tribal energy. Throbbing bass, stellar skinwork, cold, angular riffs, and a possessed deathrock queen channeling Siouxsie Sioux made for one hell of a combination, and we're fortunate enough to live in the internet age where nothing is ever truly lost. Frontwoman Beth Balousek has even been so kind as to agree to an interview with yours truly. Look for that axe-clusive interview in the days to come. For now, boils and ghouls, acquaint yourselves with Scarecrow.

P.S. Keep in mind that most of these songs were recorded live and the sound quality is not your standard, billion dollar, Britney Spears garbage. This is raw gothic rock from the days when the scene was still very, very young. This, my fiends, is authentic.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, I referred to myself as Dr. Crypt instead of Dr. Casket. In my excitement to post about Scarecrow I forgot my own name. Let's all have a moment of silence for my dignity.

    ReplyDelete